Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Past meets Present: Retro digital camera fujifilmx100



A photographer I am  not. I won't make any pretense about being some artistic point and shoot master that lives for a great pic. I pull my camera out now and then mostly to have a picture to add to my posts on this blog. But I do love cameras--not to use but to collect. I also have a thing for innovative items that merge decades either in terms of use, style, or both. Fujiflim made a camera after my own heart when they released the fujifilmx100. Allow me one childish outburst: I Want This Camera!



I'm not going to post a lengthy description about it's features and specs. I'm more interested in the fact that this digital camera looks like it stepped out of the 1970's film camera era. If I was a photographer I'd be snapping shots every second with this beauty.

According to Fujifilm.com:

The classically inspired Fujifilm X100 has been globally recognized, picking up TIPA, EISA, iF Design and Red Dot awards for its premium design and technology. The Fuji X100 marries the highest calibre Fujinon lens with a custom APS-C CMOS sensor and the latest EXR image processing technology to deliver ultimate image quality. The unique Hybrid Viewfinder combines the clear, sharp view of an optical viewfinder with an electronic display. Control the shutter speed, aperture, ISO and exposure compensation with the manual dial and controls and explore your creative side. With the FinePix X100, you'll fall in love with photography all over again.

The cost is way out of my budget (1,199.99) though one may be able to find it cheaper on ebay. It is definitely a camera for those who like to bring a bit of the past into the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment