Friday, March 30, 2012

An exciting feeling


There is something about making a new friend. It is a feeling that cannot be imitated. To feel a connection with another so different and yet so similar; to permit someone into your life, handing them a key to the doorway of your thoughts. It is mysterious and wonderful.

I believe the nicest thing I ever heard was "thank you for being my friend." Friends have a bond that is difficult to explain to others not in the relationship. They have their little jokes, their memories, their secrets. Someone becoming my friend means they are willing to be a part of my life and want me to be a part of theirs. The notion of becoming a part of someone's life story is quite flattering if you think about it.

Not everyone makes friends easily. Many struggle. They have trouble relating to people; they don't like the feeling of opening up and letting them in or they fear they may one day find themselves alone again, which is very difficult to deal with. Losing a friend can feel like losing a family member.

But to have even one person to talk to, even for a dash of time, is something worth cherishing and risking for.

To all my friends, thank you for letting me be part of your life story. Thank you for being a part of mine.

Blouse: Thift store
Jeans: Urban Behavior
Heels: Thift store
Clutch: Thrift store.
Belt: Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment